| Note: Many of the features described are only available in the Pro Server. The non-Pro server does not have timeouts or degraded performance on any of its functionality (except Servlet Runner).
Operating System Support
Core Web Server
- Runs on Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, NT, ME, 98 & 95 (Note: Win95 requires Winsock2)
- Runs as a Service on NT, 2000, & XP. Supports multiple, independent services running concurrently per machine
- Independent Watcher Daemon process insures high availablity by automatically restarting the web server if neccesary (with logging and e-mail notification)
- Multi-threaded, extensible Application Server with highly programmable API
- Virtual domain support (currently name based) with independent document/CGI directories, log files, and error templates.
- HTTP 1.1 KeepAlive (performance enhancing) and byte-range (download resume) support
- Dynamic content compression
- HTTPS (SSL) 128-bit encrytion support (OpenSSL included)
- Integrated Log File Analysis
- Documents and images can be cached in memory for performance
- Document and CGI directory aliasing
- Customizable and scriptable error templates allow database and email notification.
- Graphing performance monitors and automatic log file report
- Bandwidth and per-user throttling.
- Dynamic pages using CGI, ISAPI, JAVA, and SSI. Internal ODBC allows connections to most database types (Oracle, MS-SQL, MySQL, Access, etc)
- Built-in SQL RDBMS (SQLite) for
prototyping and modest projects.
- HTML based system configuration and documentation
- Easily installed, uninstalled, and movable (self contained directory structure with no external dependencies; ie, unresolved DLLs, Registry entries).
- Easily configured via Web interface or text editor. Configuration files are stored local to installation directory and do not rely on the system Registry
- Interactive SQL command interface (web based).
- CRON Scheduling Daemon allows automation of virtually any process using native or add-on Script interfaces such as the internal scripting languages, PERL, or Java
- Built in username/password, group, and IP address based security (via UNIX-style passwd file, SQL database, NT Authentication, or Radius Server)
- Basic and Digest authentication mechanisms.
- .htaccess support allows per-directory user, group, network, and transaction method (PUT,FTP,WebDav) restrictions
- Comprehensive logging system for invalid requests, logins, script errors, and more.
- Email notification and database logging of Errors via scriptable error templates or server API.
- User definable access lockout interval for invalid login attempts and invalid URL requests.
- Maintains separate log files for WWW access (per Virtual Host), DBMS, Java Engine, proxy, core server operations, and more
- User definable custom log-file format.
- SQL database logging support.
- Integrated Full-text Indexing Search Engine (boolean and wildcard searches), with Site Spider
- Integrated Web Camera software